Designed to assist individuals with the discovery of their interests and abilities, explore options and make the connections that lead to new employment opportunities. We offer ongoing support to ensure that the relationship is successful for both employer and employee.
Services offered include:
- Temporary Work Experiences
- Individual Placement and Support
- Job preparation and development
- Job Shadows
Prevocational Services provides a blend of learning and on-the-job training that will inspire people with exceptional abilities to achieve their vocational and personal goals, including community employment. We adapt and modify jobs so that people at all levels of ability are able to participate and advance toward their personal goals, including employment in the community.
We partner with companies to provide paid work opportunities to our participants. When not engaged in work, the curriculum based training offers activities that focus on employment skill development. The curriculum is designed to develop job-seeking skills, identify employment strengths and interests, and prepare individuals for employment in the community. This is done through small and large group classes, guest speakers, visits to area businesses, and volunteering in the community.
Prevocational Services teach general work skills such as:
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, coworkers, and customers
- Understanding of workplace etiquette and dress
- Ability to follow directions and attend to tasks
- Workplace problem-solving skills
- Mobility skills including travel skills
MOBILE WORK CREWS
Ascend Services’ Mobile Work Crews are designed to provide community based work opportunities for small groups of participants along with crew leaders at your location. Ascend will provide support and training to participants in the area of both the actual work and the culture of the company.
- Screening & skill matching of potential work crew candidates done by Ascend Services, Inc.
- On-the-job training support provided by Ascend reducing time and costs to the company
- Assistance as needed with recommendations for job site modifications
- Ongoing follow-up with work site to ensure success of all crew members
- Transportation provided by Ascend
- Typical work hours between 9:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
Mobile Work Crew Jobs